Destroyer 101 Introduce:
Destroyer 101 (Destroyer "Anshan"), a national Level-I cultural relic, is the first destroyer equipped in Chinese PLA Navy. It was originally a torpedo-based Gorky-class Destroyer of the former Soviet Union Pacific Fleet, also known as "Torpedo Destroyer". Launched in 1940 and commissioned in 1941, it was named "Guogan", with a full-load displacement of 2,581 tons, a maximum speed of 34 knots and an endurance of 2,300nm. It was mainly equipped with two triple-linked 533mm torpedo launchers, four 130mm naval guns and four twin-linked naval guns. In the Second World War, it shot down a German aircraft and praised by the Military Command of the former Soviet Union. In Oct. 1954, as the first destroyer imported from the former Soviet Union, it arrived in Qingdao, China. And then, it was renamed "Anshan", a heavy industrial city of China, with type No. of 07 and hull No. of 101. In the early 1970s, its torpedo launchers were dismantled and modified into a ship-to-ship missile destroyer. During the 38-year service life, "Anshan" had fulfilled many important tasks from the superiors and successively received visits of nine delegations from different countries, governments and armed forces. It had been visited by Zhou Enlai, Liu Shaoqi, Deng Xiaoping, Peng Dehuai, Liu Bocheng, He Long, Chen Yi, Luo Ronghuan, Ye Jianying, Nie Rongzhen, Xu Xiangqian and other important leaders of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) and the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA). On Aug. 4, 1957, Premier Zhou Enlai, on behalf of the CPC Central Committee and Chairman Mao, inspected the naval warship force and air force on "Anshan" at Jiaozhou Bay, Qingdao. On Jun. 4, 1962, Zhou Enlai inspected "Anshan" again and inscribed "All comrades in Destroyer Anshan are advancing courageously, holding high the red banner of victory of Chairman Mao's thought". On May 19, 1980, "Anshan" fulfilled the ashes setting ceremony of Liu Shaoqi, the late Chairman, in the Dagong Island waters of Qingdao under the escort of four submarine chasers. "Anshan" was decommissioned on Apr. 24, 1992 and then exhibited in the Museum as one of important historical relics.